Manasa lashed out at Rakhil for visiting her; story behind two deaths in Kothamangalam

kochi: More details have come out on the shocking incident in which a youth killed himself after opening fire at a girl in Kothamangalam. According to reports, the youth named Rakhil on Friday barged into the house of Manasa, a 24-year-old house surgeon in Bachelor of Dental Science (BDS) and shot the girl. Rakhil killed himself after murdering the girl.Manasa%E2%80%99s roommates told police that Rakhil barged into the house when she was having lunch. Manasa lashed out at him as irked with his visit. Following this, he forcefully took her to the room. When her roommates rushed to the house owner, they heard the sound of gunfire. They found Manasa and Rakhil in a pool of blood when they returned to the room, informed the police.Manasa, a native of Narath in Kannur was a house surgeon at Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences in Nellikuzhi. She was staying as a Paying Guest on the first floor of a house close to the college. Her three classmates were also present at the house when the incident took place.In the statement to police, her friends stated that Manasa didn%E2%80%99t tell anything on her relationship with Rakhil to them. Meanwhile, there are unconfirmed reports that Rakhil who is also from Kannur used to disturb Manasa and her parents had filed a complaint against him with the police.”We came to know of the incident at 3.45 p.m. She (Manasa) was staying with three other friends in a house near our dental college. We are told that this youth barged into the house where she was staying and locked the room. It was only after several sounds were heard that the locals came and found out what had happened,” said Bijesh, CEO of the dental college.”The police after speaking to the parents of Manasa said the youth Rakhil hailed from the same place as their daughter in Kannur. There were some issues between the two and he was warned by the police at Kannur in the past. We are not aware of the details of what the issue was between them,” Bijesh added.Amidst this, police have started an investigation on how did Rakhil reached Kothamangalam and arranged the gun.According to the latest reports, the accused who reached Kothamangalam days back was residing in a rented room. It is hinted that he took the room for rent as claiming that he is a worker at a plywood firm. But the police didn%E2%80%99t confirm these reports.Police have confirmed that Manasa and Rakhil have died of bullet injuries. Police have sealed the crime scene. The gun used by the accused was also recovered from here. More scientific inspections will be carried out regarding the case, informed the police.